Lighthouse Looking over the Ocean

Expungement and Post-Conviction Relief

Post-Conviction Relief and Expungement in Rhode Island

Call (401) 354-2255 for Help in Appealing or Clearing a Conviction

After a criminal conviction, you may find it difficult to find gainful employment, apply for certain loans, and may even face limited housing options. An expungement or sealing of a record are ways you can remove your previous criminal convictions from your record. If you are interested in seeking an expungement, then talk to our Rhode Island expungement attorney.

Likewise, if you have been convicted of a crime and wish to appeal the sentence or conviction, our post-conviction relief lawyer in Rhode Island can also help you through the process. We can review your case to determine whether any issues occurred during your original trial to merit an appeal. Call The Law Office of Jason Knight to learn more about your post-conviction relief options.

Talk to our team today.

Am I Eligible for an Expungement?

To qualify for an expungement, all of the following must apply:

  • You must be a first-time offender
  • You must wait the required period of time after completing your sentence and/or probation (5 years of misdemeanors; 10 years for felonies)
  • You crime must NOT be a serious or violent felony
  • You must demonstrate to the court that you are of good moral character and have rehabilitated

To see if your charges qualify for expungement, request a FREE consult today.

In many cases after expungement, you are able to truthfully answer "no" when asked whether you were ever arrested or charged with a crime. But there are certain private employers who may require disclosure of your charges, regardless of whether your conviction was expunged.

Call Our Rhode Island Expungement & Post-Conviction Relief Lawyer

Talk to our experienced attorney about your expungement and post-conviction relief options. It does not cost you a thing to learn more about your case, so feel free to reach out to us today. We'll provide you with our honest assessment and answer any questions you have about your case.

Reach our office at (401) 354-2255.

Request your free case analysis today

Send Message