We Are Dedicated To Helping You Get Through This Moment & Move On With Your Life
Providence Criminal Defense Attorney
17 Years Of Experience Helping People Who've Been In Your Shoes In Rhode Island
If you are faced with criminal charges and the possibility of fines, jail, and a permanent criminal record, turn to The Law Office of Jason Knight. We are here to fight for your rights around the clock. Our trial-tested criminal defense attorney offers the caring, tireless, and affordable advocacy that you need and deserve.
As a defense law firm, we have handled thousands of cases, of all different types. You can come to us with charges including DUI, sexual assault, traffic violations, drug charges, and more. The legal assistance that you will receive at our firm is second to none. We devote our full time and attention to individuals who have been arrested for a criminal offense matter.
What Does a Criminal Defense Lawyer Do?
Following an arrest, a Rhode Island criminal lawyer will play a pivotal role in helping you navigate the complex legal landscape. They understand the intricate laws, procedures, and possible defenses pertinent to your case. Their knowledge and experience can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case, helping to reduce charges and penalties, or even achieving an acquittal.
Some of the key services provided by a criminal defense attorney include:
- Representation in Court: Attorneys accompany their clients in court, presenting their defense and advocating for their rights.
- Legal Consultation: They offer crucial legal advice to help clients understand their charges and the potential outcomes of their case.
- Plea Bargaining: Criminal defense attorneys negotiate with prosecutors to reduce charges or penalties.
- Investigation: They conduct thorough investigations to build a strong defense, including gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and challenging any evidence obtained illegally.
- Support During Police Interviews: Attorneys guide their clients during police interviews to ensure they don't unintentionally incriminate themselves.
- Case Preparation: From organizing evidence to strategizing a defense, attorneys prepare comprehensively for trial.
- Sentencing Advocacy: Rhode Island criminal attorneys advocate for lighter sentencing or alternative rehabilitation programs.
Remember, a skilled Rhode Island criminal defense attorney can be the difference between a reduced plea bargain or a jail sentence.
Charges Dismissed Accused of Hitting Girlfriend
No Jail Time Assault With a Deadly Weapon
Charge Reduced Breaking & Entering
Case Dismissed Breaking & Entering and Felony Assault
Case Dismissed Carrying an Unlicensed Firearm
No Conviction No Probation Charged With Two Counts of Possession After Traffic Stop
He put us at ease. Please add our thanks to the existing praise from those who've already benefitted from Mr. Jason Knight's skills. We are very grateful.- Cary R.
I'm very happy that I went to attorney Knight. His prices were reasonable and his service is 6 stars.- Syed I.
I decided to hire him and it turned out to be a GREAT decision. Attorney Knight was always accessible.- Michael M.
Jason Knight gave me incomparable service and advice when it came to my charges.- Chris L.
Meet Attorney Jason Knight
Your Rhode Island Defense Lawyer
He also gained invaluable experience while working as a Rhode Island state prosecutor. Today, he brings his passion, commitment, and work ethic to each and every case he takes on, his trial-tested insight proving invaluable in the defense of his clients' rights.